Weirdly, or strangely, or what have you, I've had a lot of questions and queries about hair lately. Although it's not my forté, (a) I'm trained as a stylist for more basic upstyles, braids, blowdries and so on (because it makes sense to pair that, on rare occasion, with makeup) (b) I'm a complete product junkie and (c) I change my hair colour more often than is probably a terribly good idea, and I like experimenting with colour, hair pieces, wigs, chalking, clip-in highlights, fake plaits, faux fringes, and lots of other jeejaws... so I have more than a passing (unhealthy) interest in All Things Hair, and I write about hair products and processes as much as skincare and/or makeup...
Onwards, enough of my rambling, and let's take a look at recapping some of my hair posts in the last while...
Washing and conditioning
- The expensive one (salon brand).
- The really great drugstore one.
- His n hers (More drugstore! Really good).
- The amazing frizz reducer (this was a blogswap with the lovely Cindy).
- The sounds great but really you should avoid it, it just didn't work.
The leave-in/styling stuff I've tried
Curls, curls and more curls!
- Brilliant, painless, amazingly simple, the curl-maker to end all searches.
- The Demented Irish Dancer look. Avoid!
The best hairdryer I've ever used
- I am never straying from this. It comes everywhere with me.
The fun stuff
- Chalking (well, equivalent of!)
And aside from styling it, washing it, drying it, curling it and dying it, there's also hair removal!
That's it - today's a recap one, back tomorrow with more previews and reviews :-)