|L'Eté Papillon de Chanel - campaign visual|
A bit later than planned with this one!
Taking inspiration from butterfly wings and bright summery colour-blocking shades, Chanel's summer collection for 2013 is entirely limited edition and Big on vibrant colour! I almost feel that I should insert some animated fireworks into the post, but I won't, I'll let the images speak for themselves...
|L -> R: Zest, Lime Light, Aqua Blue, Blue Note, Noir|
In a nod to the burgeoning trend of 80's makeup, four new and LE coloured Inimitable Waterproof mascaras are released, together with a re-promote of Black/Noir (permanent):
- Aqua Blue (a light turquose blue)
- Blue Note (a slightly muted almost-royal blue
- Lime Light (an almost-but-not-quite-aquatic green)
- Zest (a burnt golden yellow shade).
Retailing at €30, these are fantastically bright colours and not for the faint-hearted, but I personally love coloured mascara and also the Inimitable mascara formulation, so I am most certainly excited about trying these ones out.
|Fantastical brilliant colour blocking shades|
L -> R: Cool Gold, Pink Lagoon, Jade Shade, Blue Bay, Moon River, Black Stream
From what I can make out of the PR release, the shades will be as follows:
- Cool Gold (yellow-based gold)
- Pink Lagoon (cool toned metallic coral pink)
- Jade Shore (green with golden pearl)
- Blue Bay (almost royal blue with silver reflects)
- Moon River (platinum shot through with metallic taupe)
- Black Stream (black with silver reflects)
These are all LE and will retail at €28.
Finally a new (LE) Stylo Yeux waterproof eyeliner in True Blue (to complement the blues and greens in the collection) will also feature and retail at €23.
L -> R: Zéphyr, Envolée, Eden, Idylle, Pygmalion
The eyes and nails have it for this collection, and lips are deliberately down-played in raspberry and peach shades. There will be three new Lèvres Scintillante lipglosses (€26) in
- Envolée (mandarin with gold and silver reflects)
- Zéphyr (pearl effect beige)
- Eden (Raspberry)
and two new Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks (€30.50) in
- Idylle (Peach)
- Pygmalion (Raspberry)
Again, all will be LE.
|Le Vernis - Lilis|
|Le Vernis - Azuré|
|Le Vernis - Bel Argus|
L -> R: Lilis, Azuré, Bel Argus
The collection features three new Le Vernis in
- 647/Lilis (a creamy coral-tomato red), nicely off-setting the blues, greens and yellow golds of the rest of the collection
- 657/Azuré (an iridescent metallic almost-teal green, darkened with blue)
- 667/Bel Argus (iridescent shimmery royal blue)
All are LE and will cost €22.50.
Launching 31st May, the following shade card shows just how vibrant and bold the colours will be - it's not a typical golden/bronzed summer release and I'm looking forward to trying some of these shades out in the flesh - in particular the Stylo Eyeshadows and the mascaras.
|L'Eté Papillon de Chanel - shade card|