|Marilyn & Chanel No5 in 1952|
It really doesn't hurt to have your product endorsed, off-the-cuff, by non other than Marilyn Monroe herself. Ms. Monroe, who will posthumously front the latest Chanel ad campaign (due to air in early December), famously announced in an interview that she wore nothing else to bed but Chanel No5 perfume. A classy, genuinely elegant fragrance, although not one I can personally get away with, it's got a timeless appeal - Chanel No5 first launched on May the 5th - the fifth day of the fifth month in 1921, and it's most certainly a warming Winter scent.
For the holiday season this year, one of Chanel's Christmas ranges features a slew of new No5 products to match the existing perfume line. Ladies and germs, take note - if you want to add a bit of charm and sparkle to a Christmas present, you could do worse than gift someone you know who loves No5 with one of these matching products below...
|Chanel's Christmas releases for No5...|
Featuring accords of Ylang Ylang, Grasse Jasmine and May Rose, Chanel's iconic No5 fragrance line-up will be joined by the following products:
- The Foaming Bath - 200ml bottle (€47): A new product, a fine foam, true to the fragrance, which forms immediately upon contact with water.
- The Cleansing Cream - 200ml bottle (€44) : Another new product, a shower cream with a rich lather that envelops the body with the scent of No5.
- The Bath Soap - 150g (€25) : New also, this incredibly soft, legendary soap glides over the skin and gently cleanses it.
- The Body Lotion - 200ml bottle (€52): A new product, a light-touch deliciously scented moisturising and protecting veil for the skin.
- The Velvet Body Cream - 150ml bottle (€69): The Christmas collection also features a re-promote of the existing Velvet Body Cream in the No5 scent.
- The Deodorant - 100ml spray (€42). Another new product, a fresh body deodorant with the enveloping notes of No5.
- The Hair Mist - 40ml spray (€45): I love this idea - a new product, featuring a delicate application of No5 in a fragrant mist that is kind and gentle on hair.
- The Intense Bath Oil - 250ml bottle (€75) - this one is Limited Edition and few drops are all you need for your bath to take on a fragrant milky appearance.