This one is more about how I store and transport my powders around in my kit bag...
|Japonesque Stackable Sifter Jars|
Costing me just under £7 for a set of five, these are brilliant - they all screw into each other so you can bring as many or as few with you as you like. They hold 1oz of product in each, more than enough to truck around with you at any one time. And they feature sifters on top, which is kind of critical for loose powders :-)
In general I use (roughly) one stack for iridescent powders (with six pots) and one (with four pots) for matte:
The powders I bring with me (usually) are:
- MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze - this is an intense, metallic, warm golden brown with bronze shimmer
- MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk - also intense and metallic, this one is a cool pinky beige with silver shimmer (both of these MAC powders are super-intense if used wet, or even if used dry but built-up)
- Chanel Féérie - this was a LE sparkly powder Chanel brought out in Christmas 2011. It didn't suit me at all, it suits pink undertone skin shades far better (in fact I gifted it to a friend of mine, but I'd already de-canted some into this, so I kept it and use it very occasionally. I prefer the Christmas 2012 offering, Rêverie, instead)
- MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun - a sheer bronze shimmering powder that reflects gold (like a more sparkly and less intense version of Golden Bronze)
- MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Honey Rose - a shimmering rose beige powder with multidimensional shimmer/reflects (and my favourite of the three MCLPs)
- MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Truth & Light - a shimmering neutral powder that reflects silver and pink (like a more sparkly, much more sheer, and much less intense version of Silver Dusk)
The matte powders I bring with me:
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder - a good HD powder if a that's what's called for
- FACE Stockholm in Shade 5 - good for darker skins
- Clarins Powder in Shade 1/Translucent - great for warm (pink) toned caucasian skin shades
- Bobbi Brown Loose Powder in Shade 1/Pale Yellow - great for cool (yellow) toned caucasian skin shades
My favourite loose powder has to be the Bobbi Brown in Pale Yellow, but it doesn't suit everyone, it's definitely better for people with a more yellow undertone to their skin (I love this so much I also have the compact version too). I've recently got the Ben Nye Powder in Banana and I'm looking forward to trying that one out too however.
Look here also if you want to read about my favourite powder brushes.
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading!